Girish Jhunjhnuwala is the entrepreneur, founder and visionary behind Ovolo Hotels in Hong Kong and Australia. In 2002, he quite literally stumbled into his first service apartment, bringing a new, refreshed outlook on the definition of modern hospitality. Since then, Girish has continued to challenge industry conventions, riding the wave of change by transitioning into a boutique hotel brand in October 2010. Under Girish’s leadership, Ovolo has grown into a diversified international brand with a collection of ten designer properties.
The Ovolo Hotels experience is driven by his detail-driven management approach and understanding of today’s traveller. Central to this is a signature all-inclusive service concept, a promise to guests that once checked-in all key touch points of the hotel are truly free. This is joined by Ovolo’s bespoke hotel designs, rich in natural light and smartly spaced interiors. It’s all the little personalized touches Girish has added after a lifetime of travel, that make the Ovolo brand standout amongst a legion of newer millennial brands.
- My Hong Kong Story: Girish Jhunjhnuwala
- ‘Supporting sustainability:’ Hotel group goes vegetarian for 365 days
- Business leaders push back against ‘fortress Australia’
- Life After Wristwatches: Two Brothers Run Rival Hotel Chains Under the Same Corporate Umbrella
- Ovolo Hotels Australia: Where the minibar is free and yoga mats yours to keep
- Disruption through Design: How Girish Jhunjhnuwala’s Ovolo is Reinventing the Hotel Experience
- Brisbane’s Booming Hotel Market Welcomes New Offering
- #S2E13 Shelf Impactors™ Interview with Girish Jhunjhnuwala
- String of Crises Puts Asian Hotelier Ovolo’s Brand of Creativity to the Test
- Going vegetarian: why restaurants and bars are meat-free for a year at Asia-Pacific hospitality group Ovolo Hotels
- Independent Minds: Girish Jhunjhnuwala
- How a 30,000-member Facebook group is helping Hong Kong navigate one of the world’s longest quarantines